Saturday, January 30, 2010

So Close

I am so close to the end of my manuscript, I can feel it! No, really I can. It's nervousness, elation, and sadness twisted together in a braid that looks great from the outside. But you know what? I wouldn't trade these feelings for anything in the world.

When I go into the book store I head straight back to the Christian fiction section and just stand there gazing at rows upon rows of beautiful cover art and different genres. I told my husband last night as we drove home from Mardel's how visually taking in all those books is painfully joyful. I look, wanting so badly for my own book to be among the many I see, and yet I know that at some point in my life, it will.

I am sure, unless life changes dramatically, that I will have this manuscript done by mid February. I thought I would have had it done last Friday, but after phone calls and a little procrastination on my part, that didn't happen, although I will say, I got very close. I can't just end it. Is this me? Is it that I don't want to part with my characters? Or just the way things are? I am not really parting with them, I plan on a series. I just really want it to end well, not abruptly and seeing as the story took the proverbial steps up to the climax of the book, it seems only right they take steps down to the end. I need to end it with dignity and a sense of closure.

It's funny though, I have a small group of friends/ family who know about my writing this book and lately whenever I tell them my word count (it grows almost daily) they say; "end it already!" Makes me laugh.

93,970 words ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment