Friday, April 9, 2010

Published

Link  to us!
Months ago, when I was in the middle of writing my book, I wrote an article on marketing and sent it to C.A.P.P.A. (Childbirth and Postpartum Association) for their quarterly magazine. They emailed me back thanking me for my submission and assuring me that when they publish it, they will let me know. Then, nothing.

Yesterday the news came. My article will be in their next quarterly!

So exciting! I can add it to my bio on my query. But here's what's even cooler-

When I wrote my last query there was something about it that I didn't like. I think I mentioned this fact in another post. After prayer and waiting on the Lord, an amazing query for my book was written. So why not send it? It wasn't time. My dream agent suggests sending the first five pages of the manuscript with the query and I am triple checking the manuscript so that she see's my best work.

However as I waited and tweaked the manuscript, a very important piece of the bio made itself available; I am published. God's timing is perfect. I didn't rush this time, and it paid off. Now I have a much better shot at landing my dream agent. I'll keep you posted!

Here's the question: In regards to writing, what was the first piece you had published?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yay!! Congratulations! You're a step ahead of me. I've never been paid yet for writing anything. So I won't be able to answer your question until November when my novel releases.
    You've just made a HUGE step. It's no easy task to be published in any area.
    Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Praise God! It's a funny story. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

    You are one step ahead of me (many actually). You not only have an agent but a publisher too! And an actual release date! :)

    ReplyDelete