Friday, September 16, 2011

The LAST TWO Sentences of My Book

I just now sent the last three chapters of Dark Waters to my wonderful critique partner, Charlotte. I am done writing Dark Waters, and pretty soon, I'll be done editing it too. At least for now. Hopefully I'll get an agent and an editor who will no doubt tear some things up. :)

You wanna read the very last two sentences? Charlotte, don't look: SPOILERS. ;)

I giggled as my mouth hovered below his. “I guess I can tell them that the predator learned she couldn’t live without her prey.”


So, now I'm off to work on the query. I've already written it, but when it comes to queries, I'm a perfectionist. I only have one shot and less than one page to explain who Allura is and why her story is so special. That to me means lots of fine-tooth-combing. When it's ready to send out, I'll post it here on my blog for everyone to see. 

Then, after the query, before I send it out, I need to write the synopsis. 

I can't wait to send out the queries!  

I found this picture online and love it. Thought I'd show you too. :)
 

1 comment: