Monday, April 23, 2012

HOPE

As you know, I'm wandering through house-hunting land and collecting bits of understanding along the way.

Today, I want to talk about getting your hopes up. 

Last week I saw a new house pop onto the market. And, when you're house hunting right now, looking at mostly bank owned homes, the good ones go fast. Like less than a week fast. I live an hour and a half away from where we're buying a house, so whenever I see a house I like online, I frantically rearrange my schedule to race up north and look at it. Every time I've done this, I've also put an offer on the house I like.

And every time I've put an offer on a house, I've been either an hour too late (someone was already approved to buy it) or I've been out-bid.

So last week when I saw this gem of a house, I called my realtor and jetted up north. I liked the house and put an offer in. Then, we wait. And if you've done this process numerous times, you know that this whole signing offers, getting your hopes up and then getting let down becomes old...fast.

But it got me thinking.

Don't we do that every time we send out a query? We get our hopes up. Despite the mounting rejections, our fingertips grasp that thread of hope, and we click the "send" button again.

In the world of house-hunting, keeping the hope alive will do nothing short of get you a house. Eventually. It WILL happen. Quick action, perseverance and hope will most certainly MAKE that happen. So why wouldn't it be the same with queries.

I know this isn't a long post, but it's what's on my mind and I wanted to share the encouragement to those of you struggling in query land. Keep up the hope and grasp at those threads!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment