Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Introduction

After chatting with others who are bloggers, I have decided to give it a try.

I've begun writing a book a while ago, and am close to finishing the rough draft, so I figured, why not blog about the ups and downs (should they come) of this whole experience. As an aspiring published author I am fascinated by the whole process it involves and rarely am able to learn how it all really unfolds, step by step. I have had questions such as; how long does one take to write a book? Who do they ask to read the rough draft? Once edited how long does it take to get an agent? How many agents shoot you down before one gives you a shot? Once an agent agrees to take on the book, what is the rough amount of time that goes by from the moment you sign with the agent till the moment you sign with the publishing company? Hopefully (in every sense of the word), I will have the opportunity to share these answers and more over time, experience, rejections and maybe, just maybe a contract for publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment