Saturday, June 4, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Pie!

Last week my sister and her hubby went to CA for business and ended up visiting family while they were there. Now, you all know that everyone living in CA owns a house about a block away from the beach, surfs, wears halter tops no matter their age (and support), and grows lemon trees in their backyards right?

Okay, maybe not all at the same time, but I'm sure everyone living in CA has at least one of those attributes. Sure of it...

So, my sister brought back a bag of big, beautiful lemons.When life gives you lemons, you make... lemon-aid. I love lemon-aid. But then my mom suggested Lemon Meringue pie. Okay. Admittedly it was a little more difficult than the original idea of lemon-aid seeing as I even had to make the pie crust from scratch, but hey, the results were delicious!

That got me to thinking...

How have you made Lemon Meringue pie from lemons recently? 


26,405 words

2 comments:

  1. Still trying to figure it out. But the way I see things is I can only make lemonade by myself but with Gods help I can make Lemon Meringue pie. It seems I choose sometimes what appears easy and fast and forget about what I am missing out on ( Does that make sense )????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that makes total sense! We so often do what we think looks the best and most simple, when in reality it's not. I like your analogy!

    ReplyDelete