Monday, January 9, 2012

Submitting and Publishing Tips

I was doing some research today and stumbled across this list of the steps that you can take to publication. Of course the exact route can be unique to each person, but the gist of it can be similar.

Check it out and tell me what number you're currently on. I'm on 12, although I skipped 2, 6, and 9. So, as I comb the internet today for upcoming conferences (I was already doing that when I found this list), I plan on fulfilling those steps as well.

Submitting and Publishing Tips List









4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress! I have a full and queries out for one manuscript, and I'm currently revising another. I would love to go to a conference, but there's not much going on in NH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. The last two places I lived were small towns with not much going on in terms of writing. When I moved to the Seattle area I was excited because it's an art mecca and full of great opportunities for learning to write better. Now I've been here almost a year so I should start taking advantage of the area!

    Congrats on your progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently doing 16, revising my first book, working on my second. And I'm also hunting down more agents (and probably publishers this time) to query.

    I skipped a lot of these too. I don't do the conferences. It'd be nice, but it's pricey. I just query online and research agents, use Writers Market, etc. I don't think all of these steps are needful for everyone, but it does give writers guidelines. I wish you luck with your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stalled at number 10. Revising is all I do these days. I have attended 5 conferences so far, and plan on LTUE in Provo, Utah Feb 9-11.

    ReplyDelete