Sunday, December 30, 2012

December Butt-Kicking & Hope for the New Year

December kicks my butt. Every year.

Because for me, Decembers aren't just about Christmas. Both my children were born days before Christmas. Separate years. Same month.

So between class birthday parties, class Christmas parties, school recitals, and friend's parties, life gets more than hectic on an annual basis. This year, throw in a puppy and a surgery, and you've got the makings of a woman who'd rather hide under the evergreen than chop it down and decorate it.

But when Christmas comes the craziness stops. Like the crazy train hit a brick wall and poofed into torn wrapping paper and left-overs. It's a day of peace and quiet with my hubby and kids and yummy already-made food. And then there's those days of lull, making up one of my favorite weeks of the year. That week between Christmas and New Years. When you've spent time off bonding with loved ones. And you have a fresh new year to look forward to. When the knowledge that anything is possible is like a twinkling fairy urging you in a new direction. Bright, magical, and exciting. Full of hope.

So, I've got my new hour-by-hour planner. New colorful pens. And new hopes. Well, same hopes, but a new sense that they are within grasp. *I also got a bunch of new bottles of wine, but that's beside the point.* 

What are your hopes for 2013?  

13 comments:

  1. Hour by hour planner? That would make my head explode!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love planning stuff. And the hour by hour portion will help me better schedule my writing time. As it is now, I'll mean to write, but something else will come up and it'll get put off. I need to treat my writing time as I would work time. And schedule it.

      Delete
  2. Whoa, you weren't kidding about December being hectic for you! I can see how an hour-by-hour planner would come in handy, in that case! (Luckily, I can still survive with a simple day-by-day one, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not using the hour by hour for everything. Just the busy days to schedule in the writing time. :)

      Delete
  3. Queries are tough, aren't they? Ironically... I love them. haha. I love writing and critiquing them. If you need some help, let me know. (Though it sounds like you might have it ready to go.)

    Here's to an amazing 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelley! If I need any more help I'll let you know. :)

      Delete
  4. "Like the crazy train hit a brick wall and poofed into torn wrapping paper and left-overs." Lovely image. So true. December can be overwhelming, and it's so nice to chill and dream of a new year. Good luck in 2013. I think it's going to be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks! And yes, I agree, 2013 will be a good one.

      Delete
  5. Gotta have those bottles of wine on hand! And thanks for joining the Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya! December is just nuts and I get very little done that isn't family related. But that's ok cuz life really is about them. Now that school is back in tho, le sigh ...

    Back to mom's personal time! Hope your 2013 is uber productive and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le sigh, indeed! I hope 2013 includes a book deal for each of us! :)

      Delete