Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Done, but is it Complete?



I'm Done. I've finished. But is it complete?

Last May I queried an agent that I really wanted to represent me. She replied by asking for the manuscript. Three months later, in August, she emailed me to tell me that I needws to add depth to my character. I freaked out for a few weeks, and then eventually emailed her back and asked if she wanted me to let her know when the rewrite was done. She said "Yes". That in itself was a reason to jump up and down!

Fast forward to today.

I'm done. Today I finished the rewrite, but I can't take a sigh of relief yet. My critique partner read up to chapter 9 (page 50) and then had to care for a sick family member. Thankfully her family member is doing much better, but she's found herself busier than she'd expected and unsure if she can finish critiquing my manuscript. I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and email the agent that I'm done, or if I should wait until I can have someone critique the whole manuscript.

Nevertheless it feels great to be finished, except that I miss Eva (my main character) already. :( That's okay, she'll be back in the sequel.

Here's the question: What would you do? Let agent know it's done or wait for a second opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment