Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Blog Hop #1

This month I'm participating in Brenda Drake's Thanksgiving Blog Hop! Go here to sign up.

Today, I'm thankful for the ability to write. For the fact that I love it. Because, I know this sounds crazy, but to most people the idea of sitting down day after day, stringing together 90,000 words of cohesive story is pretty painful. Like gouge their eyes out, painful. To me, it's heaven.

I've always loved to write. Even as a kid. And when the teacher assigned an essay, oh yeah, I was ALL over that! Now that I'm older, I like figuring out how best to weave together plots and characters. How to show the beginning, the middle, and the end in a way that best highlights each story component and leaves the reader glued to the pages. I buy best-selling novels and mark them up with a pen. I study how the author shares what's in their heads in an understandable and addicting way.

It's because I love stories.

Admittedly, I still don't completely grasp the idea of the comma. My spelling is less than desirable. But, stories...I know stories. I live and breathe stories. And for that, I am VERY thankful. :)

Found this the other day. I forgot about it. Now I need to find the novel that won this award!


       

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I live an hour away from Vacaville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! Small world! :)I was just there last year for a friend's wedding.

      Delete
  2. I swear I slept through the English class on "commas" because I almost never know where they should go. It's nice to find someone else who is comma-challenged. Maybe it's no mistake that coma and comma are so similar. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought of that, but you may be right. Hmmm.

      Delete
  3. Loving writing is definitely something to be grateful for! I've found myself falling out of love with my own more and more this year, so hold onto the feeling for as long as you can...which I'm sure will be no problem since you've already been loving it for so long. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound just like me (except the comma thing - my CP, Erica Chapman, calls me the comma Police). I'm grateful that I love to write, too! :)

    ReplyDelete